Campus and Community Involvement
Many of OSU’s ASABE members are notably involved in other activities and research on campus. Below is a list of a few students’ recent achievements:
Christian Ley (Senior):
- Received NSF research grant for grad school
- CASNR Senior of Distinction
- Received the CASNR Dean’s Award of Excellence
- 2nd place winner in the KK Barnes Student Essay Competition for 2016
Jenna Fowler (Junior):
- CEAT Scholar. See details here.
- CEAT Career coach
Joanna Quiah (Sophmore):
- Fall 2016 CEAT “3 Minute Thesis” 1st place winner
- CASNR Student Spotlight. See her interview here.
- 2016-2017 CASNR Career Liaison.
Layne Kisling (Freshman):
- 2016-2017 Freshman Research Scholar
Students that frequently attend branch meetings were asked to fill out a survey of their extracurricular involvement.
Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam
29% of members have completed the FE. There is a national pass rate of 82% for FE Other Disciplines, the option that a majority of our members take.